Yes, you could wait until June and then hit the gym 6 times a week and eat like a monk, making your self depressed, feeling guilty for any treats and struggling to cope when you are out socialising. And then probably not getting the beach body you were hoping for. There is another way.
Start now. This gives you 4 months until the end of July to tone up and look good by the pool. There are a many benefits to avoiding the 6 week boot camp style hell: slow progress means you are more likely to keep it up for years to come, you don’t have to give up everything you love, you don’t have to train everyday, there are more chances to make up for any missed training sessions/meals.
Here are some tips
- Do some high intensity training 3-5 times a week
- Lift heavy weights (no, this will not make you hench!)
- Do sprints not jogging
- Eat protein at every meal
- Take fish oil
- Stretch and foam roll 3 times a week (or more)
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night
- Keep an honest food diary for a week
- Eat green veggies at every meal
- Ditch the breakfast cereal and opt for something natural
- Avoid process food
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Change your programme every 3-6 weeks. You don’t want to get good at sprinting, then it becomes less effective
- Don’t worry if you make a mistake around training or your diet. Just get back to the plan straight away.